Monday, March 14, 2011

I AM GOING TO SHAKE YOU!


How do you respond even in prayer to an entire country who has been turned upside down in just a few minutes? The aftermath, the grief, the loss.

I know many people like myself are going through situations today; that less than a year ago they thought would or could never happen to them. Many so called dreams have been shaken and turned upside down.

It seems like just yesterday I had rearranged another piece of furniture, hung up my husband's laundry, painted a beach scene on a mangrove leaf and made a "Beautiful Blessing Shell Garden" for a dear friend of mine. Little pieces of the puzzle of my life being filled in to create a beautiful picture and life. Whether it was Satan, flesh or a combination of both I went to bed upset one night only to have awakened grief stricken. It still feels like a dream that I can't shake. My only solace is that God is in control and my situation has not taken him by surprise.

I remember the words of a mother who lost her daughter just before Christmas last year. A few days after her death, her daughter spoke to her in a dream and told her that everything was ok, she was at peace, and not to worry.

She said, "Mom It really is all about Jesus and what He has done for us. "


Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God has done. Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done.

Let us count our blessings and name them one by one.

No comments: