Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Freedom in Christ

Galatians Chapter 5 begins with the following verse;

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Christ has made us free. Many times this past year I didn't feel free, I didn't act free but I do know that regardless of how we feel or act the truth is Christ has made us free in Him. The Lord loves us even when others don't truly love us or for some reason have stopped loving us. Even when someone attacks us Christ tells us that we should respond in love. I pray for the day when I don't react! It is imperative we love others as we love ourselves. We must give up our co-dependent and independent state of minds and pray to operate only with the mind of Christ.

Satan and/or my mind (sometimes I can't decide which) will project a false picture of who I am, or worse yet, who others are. This really hurts us and Christ. Satan is always going about like a roaring lion accusing and putting out false projections. When this happens grab the truth; you are free in Christ. Turn off the projector.

The Bible tells us we must pray and fight against the principalities and powers that project these false accusations and not take them to heart. We have to love those who even believe the lies of Satan and pray for those who have born a false witness against us.



One of my friends has a son who is in love with Maria, the nanny on the Sound of Music. He wakes up in the middle of the night crying out for Maria. My friend has to tell him that Maria is not real, she is only a projection on the movie screen.

Sometimes we must turn off the projector in our life and come back to reality. Our dream or hope is not real, it was just a false projection or perhaps we weren't willing to pay the price of casting down vain glory, envy and strife.


This past year I feel I've projected a lot of Maria's in my life. It is time that Cinderella be totally free in whom God created her to be, not operating in vain glory, provoking anyone, not striving with false projections. We must be free to live and love one another, reflecting the true unconditional love of Christ to everyone God brings into our path.

Repentance and forgiveness is the only way back to freedom in Christ. When I sin, or others sin against me, the only way to get free is through forgiveness. The Word says we must forgive in order to be forgiven. This morning I am forgiving those that have hurt me and praying that God will help those I've hurt to forgive me.

Chapter 5 ends with the following verse;

Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Sometimes life is what it is and Christ will give us the strength to live, love, forget about our past mistakes, not worry about the future in order to walk in the daily blessings God has for us. My biggest battle is fear. Again, the answer is Christ and Christ alone.

Clay Cross sings a song called, When I Am Afraid
Fear?s like a black cloud consuming all that?s blue
When I am afraid I will trust in you
Waters rise against me and I don?t know what to do
When I am afraid I will trust in you

When I am afraid I will trust in you
Remind myself your faithful and your promises are true
I think back on my yesterdays and all you brought me through
When I am afraid I will trust in you

Lord you are the fortress, the shelter I run to
When I am afraid I will trust in you
Resting in your presence my courage is renewed
When I am afraid I will trust in you

When I am afraid I will trust in you

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/when-i-am-afraid-lyrics-clay-crosse.html ]

Remind myself your faithful and your promises are true
I think back on my yesterdays and all you brought me through
When I am afraid I will trust in you

When I am afraid I will trust in you
Remind myself your faithful and your promises are true
I think back on my yesterdays and all you brought me through
When I am afraid I will trust in you

Lord I will remember all you brought me through
When I am afraid I will trust in you
When I am afraid I will trust in you


No comments: